If you have suffered an injury or illness, whether it be physically or mentally, because of someone else’s wrongful act you could be entitled to damages to compensate you for your loss.
Here at Tim Clarke and Co Lawyers, we have been providing help, support and legal assistance to Australian’s seeking compensation for many years. We understand the difficult time people go through, the impact it has on lives and the need for feedback and support.
We are highly experienced in personal injury law and continue to assist individuals involved in motor vehicle accidents, injuries suffered at work, medical negligence claims and accidents suffered on public or private property. Our personal approach to each individual matter assures our clients that we care about them and their matter and that we will assist in every step of the process to obtain the best result possible.
We provide clients with a dedicated service and we strive to resolve our clients claims as economically and efficiently to ensure they get a fair outcome.
Personal injury claims can cover the following situations:
- Motor vehicle accident compensation (including cars, motorbikes, boats, trains, etc.)
- Public liability (e.g. injury suffered in a public or government area)
- Product liability (e.g. injury caused from defective products)
- Occupiers Liability (e.g. injury sustained at an unsafe property)
- Medical negligence (e.g. injury sustained due to treatment provided by a medical professional)
- Professional Negligence (e.g. injury suffered from poor craftsmanship or services)
The Civil Liability Act provides a specific regime for claiming compensation. In addition, you have 3 years to commence your claim from the date of injury. It is important to get advice in relation to your matter right away to ensure that you are able to pursue your claim and that you can get proper legal advice before proceedings must be issued.